Sunday, September 14, 2008

Inspire Me Thursday....YELLOW!

Yellow

This week’s creative prompt is the color Yellow. Be inspired by the delicious hues of lemon, honey, mustard, butter, corn, custard or whatever shade of yellow you may fancy.

" Yellow is capable of charming God." Vincent Van Gogh

" Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot; others transform a yellow spot into the sun. " Pablo Picasso



I have been missing in action for a while...but did this piece this week...I seem to always paint with YELLOW....usually in a background....It just feels RIGHT to me!!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, and so peaceful and calming and inspiring - really lovely:-)

s.l.greek said...

wonderful... i use heats in my work as well. they are so soothing when life is on the crazy side.

Karen Salva said...

very true, I do relate you with yellow! Maybe because it is so cheery, warm and inspiring.

laurel said...

Beautiful as always. I love the heart in the center.

Deb G said...

Your comment about yellow in the background made me smile. When I first read that yellow was the prompt, I thought, "Yellow, that's not a color I really like to work with." And then I looked around and it was in the background of all kinds of things. Especially honey-yellow and butter-yellow.